Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Meaning..

Happiness is really a choice.

This day was a typical yet somehow overwhelming day for me. I was feeling blithe, amiable, or simply happy. Well, I don’t know why but I think this bliss started on what we regarded as Christmas day—December 25 of 2012, yesterday. Somehow, I was thinking of this:  Newton’s third Law of Motion. Why? The reason is as follows.

On the 24th night of December, which was obviously the day or night before yesterday, I almost fund myself in tears, really. I got home bringing some food and snacks for my brothers which I happily and hurriedly prepared for us to eat altogether (that thing one of the “blue moon” thing in my life). And whom did I found at home? An empty and silent home was. Well, out of thinking, I set up my bed and then get ready to sleep. As I lay down, I tried to sleep quickly yet drowsiness didn’t find me. Then I got a call from a friend, one of my best friends. He just called to greet me a merry Christmas and also to check how I am feeling that hour. And definitely, I said I’m fine, just sleepy and alone. For him, it’s not a new thing that I was alone but he insisted that it’s Christmas time..that family should be together. I just sighed. Then his mom gets the phone from him and so I got the chance to talk to her though I still didn't meet her. We talked like we knew each other for a long time where she narrated about what her day has been. That conversation made me happy and also lonely. Finished with the call, I look at the mirror and found my eyes in some tears. And I am crazy again. I lie down again and pray. I talked to God, my Comforter. Half-slept, Hero, my brother came and I just glance at him and then close my eyes again. And God made me sleep with peace.

Yesterday, yes…yesterday. It was fun. I rise up early though it feels like it’s good to sleep some more ‘coz the surrounding is seasonally cold. I thank God first and read His word for me for that day. Then I clean up my bed and have some neat-making chores in our house. After that, so early in the morning I went to my friend’s house to give him something as a Christmas gift. He prepared and forced me to eat a breakfast with his family after some chatting that morning. Then I went to a farm where my mother and step-father were. They have to welcome some guests and I got there, of course, o eat and to take some pictures. It was indeed fun seeing the people around you busy and happy. Their smiles were just priceless. Then I went back to our home to take a bath and prepared myself. I was invited to visit a friend’s house next to our town—at Aideelyn’s house. Together with my friend Kimverlyn, we chat about some sort of naughty things, watch some TV programs, do some computer games and apparently we ate. We ate the normal food like caldereta, I think? And also menudo and some orange-colored viand (which I don’t what to call) and and my favorite… sweets!! (leche flan and gelatin). Next stop: Guitar house where I found my new loved one: Algum—my new guitar. This time I was with Kimpoy, my best friend and band mate who helped me buy a guitar, well it’s on sale. Well Algum comes from the words “algal blooms” as far as I know, is an aquatic phenomenon wherein there is a rapid increase in algae. Why? The guitar has this shade of green, algae-like color. And that’s it. Then we stroll there at Sta.Cruz and eat very yummy, super delicious (I think for me only) vegetable salad, a special salad from Nanot’s Spaghetti House. And Kimpoy was the one who paid for all of it. So it was really Christmas—full of giving. The night came, Kimpoy and I, together with one our friend and band mate nicked as Bok visited our brother, Kuya Toper (the same person I visited early in the morning. And there are so much stories, jokes and teasers from them until we felt sleepy and tired. After eating chocolate cake and a fruitcake, the day ended and we finally went home and preferable sleep. December 25 ended.

But… there’s a big BUT here. December 26, unplanned and unready, I chose to join a trip with my youngest brother who was going to buy a new bag at the nearby mall. At first, I don’t want to, but since I have nothing on my sched, my mind forced me to join. And really, happiness is a choice, a decision. I set myself this day not to focus on things that are negative though it crossed my mind, I rebuke it. I chose not to worry and enjoy the things around me. The Law of opposite reaction maybe true because I was once sad then afterwards I am full of gladness. Surely the reaction depends upon how you have dealt with the given situation. it's whether you choose loneliness or you prefer happiness.

With a handy camera, I witnessed a model of unity and priceless smiles. The kids whom I was with a while ago were full of vibrancy and joy, which only comes from the heart. I had the chance to gaze upon the timeless beauty of unfading love of a couple and the harmony of a family. For these things that happened I am, again, thankful to God for giving me the chance to enjoy the things and people around me, for giving me bliss and inspiring me to continue in the run. Maybe, the people around me the past days don’t know what I’m feeling as I move and talk, yet these people, unconsciously helps me and enthuses me to live a life worth enjoying, a life with real meaning.




No comments:

Post a Comment