Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

GRATUITOUS, INDEBTED, PLEASED


I thanked God for today for He still lends me another day to live. There are days that I feel like quitting yet I wonder why God still lends me hours to breathe. There are times that I had wished that I’m that person who’s bed-ridden and is just waiting for his/her life to end. Thinking, I look up and I saw the plain sky. A sudden whisper came to my ear telling me that I should not think that way. I was reminded. I was in apology for those negative notions that clouded my mind. Probably, He has reasons for me to stay in this materialistic earth. And my purpose, I think so, is not yet accomplished.


As I look above and stare at clear blue sky, I see His majesty and I was set in awe of God’s works. He was indeed a designer—the Greatest Designer. He has done everything perfectly. The intensity of light, the expansion of the sky, the various contours of the clouds, the liberated birds, the tall trees... everything. I was speechless and at the same time amazed. As I walk towards the horizon, I realized that in my nineteen years of living, I never appreciate my co-creations this much. Their beauty was never ingenuous.
I live in a place where concrete buildings are rare. No factories, no cloud-like smog, no industrialization process occurring—very rural, very agricultural. Some people or many people rather look this scenery in a pessimistic way. How? They say it has no progress, no development, and no hope. And I admit, I’m one of those good-for-nothing persons a while ago. Yes, a while ago. But now I’m grateful that I have the opportunity to take notice of the real creation: the earth that has God-given lives. As I continue walking, I can see the motion of the invisible air making the leaves sway, hear the sound of the flowing water rushing between some rocks and smell the breeze of green fields through the air. And the joy suddenly filled my heart. I was, in a sudden, crammed with gratefulness as I observe these things directing my eyes on what’s above me—the serene sky.
It was early in the morning, and I got the chance to walk around with a camera in my hand together with my brother and little cousins. And I was like a tourist in my own hometown. People, who know me and don’t know me, are wondering as I they saw me joyfully taking pictures of things they didn’t appreciate much: the wild and colorful flowers, the unnamed plants, the irrigation flow, the fields and many other things they are used to see but they have not taken of full notice. And this shot was one of my favorites (sorry, I don’t have a DSLR, it’s just a normal digital camera set on a super vivid tone):


I don’t know why am I happy to see this bee circling around the yellow conifer-like flower, but I am just me. For me, it’s very amazing of how God make the bee be friends with flower together with the air that makes the flower seems to be dancing. Indescribable, He was.  Another shot was this:


 My mother says it doesn't make any sense. She seems to have a question in mind she can’t ask me because she doesn't know how. One thing I know is that I found an exquisite view of the cloudy and ambiguous portion of water in motion with the truck’s wheel on it. The soft curvatures formed by water flow are like an art, a flabbergasted art that no one can design but God. He makes the water have that property making it flow as with the turning wheel.

There are still many things I want to post but it would be a novel if I describe it all with words and exaggerations. There is also the flock of the monochromatic goats (because they are colored black and white) which I imagined like the Old Testament time—the flock of sheep led by David. There are so many things to be thankful for. It’s just a matter of realizing the importance of what’s around us… that people can be happy in simple thing if they find its splendor and use. Things may not seem to be important but God made them for a purpose. And those flowers, the leaves, the birds and the water just let Him rule in their life. Their beauty was with no stresses because God take cares of them.
I'm not certain about this yet I consider God feels what I am feeling. As I find joy in His creation, He also finds it joy and pleasure when He looks down and watches His own-breathed creation enjoying what He designed them to be, just like the water flows… just like how the leaves sway. Trees and plants and other living things definitely die, but they have outlived what God has intended them to be. With this walk, I believe He reflected to me what must I do to those unenthusiastic and depressing notions which I have thought many times before. He, indeed, divulged to me my real worth in His eyes—that I am fearfully and wonderfully made by Him and I must acknowledge His purpose for me to bring Him a smile in His heart and so are you...




1 comment:

  1. i knnnoooowww the feeling... continue to find joy in the simplicity of life... don't delete this post... you will need this, years after... believe me... ;)

    ReplyDelete