Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Priority and Love


This was one of my wall post days ago. I’ve read this in a FB page entitled “Solely Devoted”. I was truly blessed with this excerpt.

How many times did we ask God in this area? How many times did we ask God to fill us with His love—a love that will overflow to the others who thirst for it? How many times did we consult God in the choices we make? “A sheer delight rather than a sense of duty...” What a phrase! Admit it or not, often we do things unconsciously. It’s either we’re used into those routines or we’re just doing things out of duty. Well, being responsible is not bad. But without love, nothing makes sense.

As Mother Theresa said, ...we can do small things with great love.A small thing with great love is indeed a great thing. But how can we accomplish this “just-loving” thing? Start with God. In parallel to what the image above says, try and persevere to make your relationship with God your top priority. God is a loving God, merciful, kind and gracious. He will never ever forsake those who come to Him humbly and heartily. I don’t know if article makes sense to you who read it. But there’s no harm in trying. Swear.

Seems like confused? A friend shared to me a while ago thru a facebook chat, that she’s afraid she might fall...that she some friends’ help in this area. She’s afraid because she’s not sure. She’s been in a fantasy of falling brightly in love and a nightmare of falling with no one to catch her. But then there’s JESUS. The one who’s always waiting for her, to fill her with satisfying love, to cradle her in her arms, to hold her without ever letting her go...FOREVER.

I was glad to share these things to her. I even message her verse Song of Songs 8:4a. Probably, you already knew that. Do not awaken love until its ready. When will be the it-word be ready? Only God knows. So better get close to Him so that when He says IT is ready, we can hear so clearly. Discern God’s voice.

As I write about this thing, numerous thoughts flood my mind. Am I talking to myself too? Am I reminding myself too? Or does my girl friend who asked me a while ago of what to do in her falling-in-love thing warns me then? Talking about the heart, I remembered Proverbs 4:23 and Jeremiah 17:9. Guard your heart. Above all things, it is the most deceitful.


Let me clear this stuff. This isn’t about gals only but also for guys out there. You too have hearts, right? I don’t know how guys guard their hearts nor how they regard God’s love. But if it’s Jesus working and reigning in their lives—focusing on His faithfulness, contemplating on His beauty and holding on His promise—it’s not hard for them to live in this tempting world. Talking about love and relationship, why not be pure emotionally too? I’ve read this book written by Heather Arnel Paulsen which inspires so much. It talks about well, the title itself—Emotional Purity. It’s about preserving all of your being for God and for the one He has prepared for you. Well beside Jesus, I fell in love with the man on this post, guess other girls would, too:



(actually, it must be “says”)

Thank God for who HE is! Thank Jesus who gave His life for me, for you, for us. He loves me so much that He doesn’t want me to get hurt. Because when I am hurting, He’s hurting too. That’s how much He loves me. And so the same thing goes with you. Why not be content with that for now? I believe that God is the one who will make my heart; our hearts feel like there’s something missing though we want more of Him. When that happens, then that is the time.

More over these things, there are so many things out there. More than our longings and dreams of being with the one, there are those people who need to be reached out. They also need love and with the love that God had in us, we can love too, unconditionally. We can pray too heartily. Selfless. We have to be selfless and think of others too. To those who are losing their hope, their faith, maybe God is commanding us to first bring love into these persons. He wants us to be molded first in a selfless love. And with Christ, we can do all things. Live. Love. Laugh.

A sheer delight rather than a sense of duty... With a mix of love, things become new... With a paint of love, things become great.

Love of God. Love is overflowing. Love of others. Loving is never tiring.

God made the world for the delight of human beings-- if we could see His goodness everywhere, His concern for us, His awareness of our needs: the phone call we've waited for, the ride we are offered, the letter in the mail, just the little things He does for us throughout the day. As we remember and notice His love for us, we just begin to fall in love with Him because He is so busy with us -- you just can't resist Him. I believe there's no such thing as luck in life, it's God's love, it's His.”  Mother Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment