Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Prisoner of Hope

Just thought of this command before sleeping—DON'T QUIT.

Many people around the world spent almost half of their lives working, certainly, to earn for a living. And some people...more than half of their only one life. The usual routine goes like this: Waking up, sleepy bath, breakfast (I guess some may not have this), work.. work.. lunch.. work.. work.. log out, traffiiiiiiiiiiiiicc (Philippines only), dinner, few FB checks then sleep.

A life cycle but with no growth.

Many other people who spent almost half of their lives working don't have joy. They keep complaining to the work load, work environment, the bosses. They are never satisfied. They always feel uncompensated.

I was a fresh grad, recently grateful having a job and proud to be called an employee. But until when will the enthusiasm lasts? Someone asked me that. Will I still be thankful if I have this repetitive responsibility in the company? Will I still smile to my lead when they ask me favors?

Myself wondered then myself wandered.

Then I remembered my vision. I remembered my dream. It is not to be wealthy and empty but to be in the journey of success—a continuous walk of joyful, peaceful and full life. And in that walk I may stumble and stumble and stumble or worse fall. But what is worse than staying down? The worst thing is giving up.

So I say to myself: QUIT.

Quit doubting.
Quit complaining.
Quit the comforting zone.
Quit thinking negative things.

Then this thought sprang: DON'T QUIT.

Don't quit enjoying.
Don't quit balancing.
Don't quit learning.
Don't quit growing.

Then God said: DON'T EVER QUIT.

Don't ever quit praying.
Don't ever quit loving.
Don't ever quit believing.
Don't ever quit waiting.
Don't ever quit hoping (for the best to happen.)


...we have this hope. If we see what we are waiting for, that is not really hope. People do not hope for something they already have. But we are hoping for something we do not have yet, and we are waiting for it patiently. (Romans 8:24-25 NCV)



No comments:

Post a Comment