Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

The Whisper

A moment please. Hear the sound...

“You'll know it when you're there...” that's what most people say when it comes to love. Yes it's true. But I'd like to add something to that phrase.

It was one normal evening where nothing goes planned. I was happy in deed to be just hanging out with a brother in faith. We're doing the same thing again, reviewing the past, laughing at the moment and hoping for the future... Ooops! This is not selfish. We talk about life, yes. We talk about the Christian life, the new life and its struggles. We talk about life of other person...the life of Daniel, life of Moses and Paul and other mighty men in the past.

It was one normal evening where nothing goes planned. I was blessed in deed to be just hanging out with a friend in Christ who doesn't know how I am enjoying my time with HIM and with him. We talked about music, songwriting...about talents and worship. I was talking and chatting and at the same time thanking. I am thanking God for his generosity allowing me to have a quality time with this person.

Little did he know (wherein GOD greatly knew beforehand) that I was praying... pleading for God to keep my mouth shut, to say NEVER of the things which shouldn't.

The whisper said to me, “This is the time. Never withhold what you wanted to say...”

I struggled a lot. I till keep my mouth shut.

Voiceless, my heart is screaming out.
I was faking my laugh, my act... coz I am so scared, nervous, confused and overwhelmed.
I don't plan it now, never want it now.

Oh not now. Maybe tomorrow or next week or in the next few months I guess.

But the Whisper said so. Look at the heart. Look at the heart. Look at the heart.

I was reminded of how God anointed David to be a king. 1 Samuel 16:7 echoed and echoed and echoed.

My heart stopped. The words came out.

I was so relieved that I finally said it.

I would never regret that I obeyed the Whisper.

Just a moment please.

Teary-eyed, I heard him say “I love you too...”

Love? You'll know it when you get there... You'll hear a command from up above, something like an undeniable Whisper...

Love is indeed the greatest gift.









No comments:

Post a Comment